Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Clarksville to Shelby Final Stage

Well I told the boyz to be safe and I motored over to put in some $4.96 premium before meeting David, Joe and Nita. We were meeting at the Cracker to enjoy an egg and catch up on the last...oh...30 years! David and I were childhood friends from first grade until sixth or seventh grade when he and his family moved away. We had talked only a few times since then and I had been prompted to get in touch.

After a few emails and realizing the proximity of my traveling through the area where David and his mom and dad live...we arranged to meet this morning to catch up and see one another. Wow what a great visit! We lingered over breakfast and hit the high spots for nearly two hours. It sure was good to see them and share some stories and a few laughs. We made a pact not to go 30 more years, but to try and catch up again soon.

I got on the road around 10am and cut a path through Nashville and into Knoxville. The GS was still showing a fuel range of 100 miles, but my butt's range was much less! I whipped in to visit old Shelby buddy shoe store Dave and get gas. He was at his other store at the Gatlinburg exit on the way home another 30 miles. So I got gas there and stopped in for a quick visit. He is lathering up to get a new GS and my showing up after a 2600 mile week decked out with road grime only did more to perpetuate the yearning.

After a quick phone call to wifey, I asked if she would be interested in meeting me in downtown Hendersonville for dinner. She was ready to get out of the house and agreed. We enjoyed a nice outing at Square 1 Bistro and then headed for home arriving about 7:15.

Well, this blog is in the books...I hope you have enjoyed traveling with me this go round. This is a first time deal and I have really enjoyed it. My apologies to Dono for having to fall asleep every night to the sound of my keyboard. Many thanks to Jonathan Devich for a great week of photography, as well as Alex's contributions from the photo world.

Stay tuned for the next foto moto week....have a great rest of the year!

Chris

1 comment:

Amaroka said...

Sominex got nothing on keyboard tappa.